It’s becoming very common that new businesses are being launched from mobile offices more than ever before. The days of finding office space for all your office equipment, filing cabinets and expensive phone systems are giving way to a laptop computer, a mobile phone and an internet connection.
Building a mobile office can afford you to work anywhere in the world. Here are some great resources to outfit your mobile office and get you started working from anywhere.
1. wififreespot.com: A great resource to find wireless hotspots.
2. Boingo Wireless: An international subscription based wireless provider.
3. Evdo Card: Broadband internet anywhere. US mobile carriers Sprint, AT&T and Verizon are just a few that provide this service.
1. Skype: Free calls to anywhere in the world to anyone who has a Skype ID.
2. Gizmo: Low cost international calling and free calls to users on Yahoo
3. JAJAH: Web-activated telephone. Use your normal phone – call anyone, anywhere (land-line or mobile)
4. VoipBuster: a free program that uses the latest technology to bring free and high-quality voice communications
TASK MANAGER/SCHEDULING/CONTACT MANAGER
1. Google Calendar: Keep track of your schedule and share with others
2. BaseCamp: Online tool that allows you to manage and track your projects
3. Backpack: Group calendar, small business calendar
4. HighRise: Contact manager
5. BigContacts: Contact manager up to 2000 contacts
1. WordPress: By password protecting each post you can use a blog as a project collaboration tool.
2. PBWiki: lets you quickly set up your own free, hosted, password-protected wiki to edit and share information
3. Google Docs: Free web-based word processor and spreadsheet, which allow you share and collaborate online.
1. Freshbooks: Online invoicing
2. Quickbooks Online: Track your expenses and all financial records
3. Mint: Another financial accounting solution
4. Mozy: Great solution for data backup
1. 3X5 Cards
2. Moleskine or wire bound notebooks
3. Digital Timer: simple productivity hack to give every task a start and end time.
This is just a concise list of tools that you can start using immediately. Start now, and you can add or subtract additional tools as you go.
If your already working from a mobile office, what are you using to meet your mobile demands?