You’ve probably seen the Inc. 500, the magazine’s annual list of the fastest-growing companies in the United States. Over the years, Inc. has expanded the list to include 4,500 additional companies (they list the top 500 in the magazine; the rest are featured on their website).
The folks at Inc. asked me to help reach out to business owners–hopefully, that’s you–so that they can find good applicants for their list. If you’ve been generating revenue since 2005, and have made at least $2 million in revenue in 2008, read on.
A shout out on Inc.’s list is not only excellent PR, but helps give a much-needed national voice to small- and medium-sized businesses. I support what Inc. is accomplishing, and encourage you to take a look at the awards.
Here are some excerpts from their description. Note that the deadline is May 1:
For those who make the list, the Inc. 500|5000 award is a validation of your innovative thinking and relentless hard work—not to mention an extraordinary promotional opportunity for your company. You’ll be featured in Inc. magazine and/or on Inc.com, be honored at one of the most elite gatherings of entrepreneurs in the nation, and have access to year-round networking, promotional, and educational opportunities through the Inc. network.
To be eligible for the 2009 Inc. 500|5000, your company must meet these criteria:
1. Your company must be privately held, for profit, and independent (not a subsidiary or a division of a larger company with other revenue-generating operations).
2. Your company must be based in the United States.
3. Your company must have been generating revenue by the first week of 2005 at the latest.
4. Your company’s revenue must have been at least $200,000 in 2005.
5. Your company’s revenue must have been at least $2 million in 2008.
Bonus: No points against you if your company’s revenue took a hit last year.
Apply at http://www.apply5000list.com. Or click the button below.