Here are some of the more interesting facts about gold that we learned from this infographic:
– All the gold in the entire world could fit inside about 3 Olympic sized swimming pools. And unlike paper, it can’t just keep getting printed.
– There are about 5 gold rings worth of gold per person on the earth (~7 billion people = ~35 billion gold rings)
– The vast majority of gold is used as jewelry (as opposed to investments)
– India consumes more than six times as much gold as the US
– China consumes more than three times as much gold as the US
– The US national debt is more than the value of all the gold in the world
From: Number Sleuth