Here are some of the more interesting facts about gold that we learned from this infographic:
- All the gold in the entire world could fit inside about 3 Olympic sized swimming pools. And unlike paper, it can’t just keep getting printed.
- There are about 5 gold rings worth of gold per person on the earth (~7 billion people = ~35 billion gold rings)
- The vast majority of gold is used as jewelry (as opposed to investments)
- India consumes more than six times as much gold as the US
- China consumes more than three times as much gold as the US
- The US national debt is more than the value of all the gold in the world
From: Number Sleuth