All the jobs below come from Canada, which, despite having better health care than the US, produces just as many strange occupations:
1. Long Haul Team Drivers
Minimum 2 years winter mountain driving experience.
Must be able to go to the US, passport or fast card required
Willing to be away for 10 or more days at a time.
Must be willing to team drive.
Clean abstract and criminal search a must.
Q: What did the driver say to the truck? A: I play with your stick all day and all you give me is gas!
2. motel cleaner
Clean rooms, throw garbabge and maintain general cleanliness around business.
Must be neutral to excessive amounts of body hair on bed and in shower drain.
3. Social Media / Viral Marketing Intern
Are you someone who:
1. loves to blog
2. enjoys posting comments on forums, blogs and articles to get in the conversation with others
3. manages many social network profiles- facebook, myspace, twitter, etc.
4. is addicted to social bookmarking – bebo, delicious, stumbleupon, youtube, and yahoobuzz
5. wants to take all of your social network and social bookmarking talents and apply them to spreading the message about a company virally.
6. can market cell phone services effectively and consistently
Please submit your resume if you are interested in a unique opportunity at a hot new telecommunications company.
You’ve built a reputation. Now, please become really, really annoying. We’ll pay you for it. Wait, just kidding, you’re an intern. Ruin your reputation for the sake of your resume.
4. DOOR TO DOOR SALES
Base salary plus commission. Simple sale. Hours 4-8:30. Full training provided. Average $700wk. Will lead to a managerial position.
Must sign a non-compete clause with Jehovah’s Witnesses.
5. Serving Girls
I’m looking to hire 2 serving girls for a small (20-40) private party. Its a hockey party so yes, I’m looking for females to serve guys beer. Thats it, nothing more nothing less. There will be female guests as well. Prefer friendly outgoing personalities. Timing will be on a Saturday noon till midnight (with breaks). I’m offering $100 each plus whatever tips you get.
It helps if you’re not a female hockey player.