Today is National Coffee Day, that annual day where you have a communal excuse to flaunt your usual cuppa.
To honor the day, companies are offering you…statistics. Last year’s National Coffee Day was full of freebies, but few providers are ponying up much more than numbers this year. (Scroll down to see who is offering freebies.) Here are some of the stats that various surveys found.
According to this National Coffee Association survey:
* 56% of adults drink coffee beverages every day.
* 84% of drinkers “have not changed their consumption habits despite the economic environment,” although 4% more people than last year prepare their coffee at home.
* 40% of coffee people buy is gourmet.
FilterFresh’s survey found that:
* 95% of people get their caffeine fix from coffee (rather than soda or tea).
* More people would give up their cell phones before giving up coffee.
* 71.5% of people drink coffee with their coworkers.
* 68% of people would not tell someone if they had coffee breath.
More fun facts from this Dunkin Donuts/CareerBuilder survey:
* 40% of young American workers (18-24) can’t concentrate as well without coffee. 43% of 18-34-year-old workers have less energy without coffee.
* 24% of 18-34-year-old American workers “buy coffee as a way to treat themselves for a job well done.” (How about buying it as a way to congratulate yourself for getting up in the morning?)
* Nurses, doctors and hotel workers drink the most coffee out of all careers surveyed.
Freebies from Around the Web
Free coffee at LaMar’s Donuts with this coupon.
Some Dunkin’ Donuts shops are giving away free coffee to celebrate National Coffee Day. Check your local shops to see if they’re participating.
Boca Java is offering free shipping on all of its products today.
Dunn Bros. is giving away a free cup of coffee to its email subscribers.
Florida’s Barnie’s is giving away free coffee.